SHIFT MANAGER (PRINT)
Key areas of responsibility reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Planning and organising production schedules and implementing the company plan
- Assess each project and ensure that all materials are available prior to production
- Oversee the production process
- Supervise and liaise with Team Leaders and ensure that they are fully aware of job specifications
- Ensure that staff have the correct tools to do the job required of them and delegate to the team leaders
- Liaise with Account managers to ensure that the finished product is completed to the customer specification and on time to meet customers delivery expectations for new projects
- Report production issues to the Operations Manager and re-negotiate timescales where possible
- Carry out regular checks on all processes for quality and accuracy and compare to the standards
- Carry out in-process inspections on quantities through the machines and delegate to the team leaders
- Ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and all equipment is put away at the end of the day – General housekeeping – delegate to team leaders and operatives
- Ensure that items are returned to stock and counted on completion of orders and delegate to team leaders
- Control of all general stock items to ensure we have sufficient levels at all times
- Organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met and safety books are signed of every day – delegate to the team leaders
- Organise training for new staff and temporary staff and do inductions
- Responsible for doing ‘Return to Work’ interviews and monitor absences
- Reduce wastage of materials where possible
- Monitor production processes to ensure that the most cost-effective and efficient methods are used
- Attend production meetings
- Any other tasks that the company deem reasonable
- To take control of all printing production processes and ensure that all information is accurate to enable all operatives to carry out their roles.
- To ensure all print operatives are carrying out their duties in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured all to a very high standard and delivered on time to support the company in meeting the customer’s needs.
- Minimise cost of production and maximise output
- Take control of the workflow using planning and control finding the best and most economical sequence of operations to be followed in the manufacturing process.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to deliver automation and system improvement throughout the factory.
- Satisfy the demand of the customers
Job Type / Category
Shift hours are currently Monday to Friday 6.30am to 2.30 pm and 10 am to 6 pm rotating
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Our company vision is to be the best in the market offering our customers a product and service that exceeds their expectations by working with them to build long-term partnerships through communication and innovation.
Needs to have been a fully qualified Printer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience operating a Speed-master, Mo (2 colour) and GTO (Single colour) printing press. Ideally, you will also have experience in the use of a guillotine but not essential as training will be given.
You will need to be prepared to do overtime if required, and it is essential to work as part of a team, be conscientious and quality-aware monitoring the job for correctness and image quality.
Working for an established company with over 55 years of trading history
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year